Thursday, May 16, 2013

Brother Joseph

(I wrote this after I watched this Josesph Smith Restoration Video. My family should watch it for FHE.)
I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. And God, through Joesph Smith, restored His gospel on the earth.
There is opposition in all things. Trials will come, tears will be shed, but know, "Thine afflictions will be but a small moment." In time of trial, have faith. Pray for strength. God will give it to you, if you believe in Him. I know with every part of me that God exists and He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to atone for our sins. That through the Atonement, we may Return to God and live with Him once again. I know this to be true.
How do I know these things to be true? Because I cannot deny that which I feel. The Holy Ghoset is testifying to me that these things are true. I feel it in my heart . A great burning within. Tears of truth with knowledge. To obtain this spirit, a testifier of truth, one must be in a situation to recieve him. A place where the spirit may dwell. If one isn't/doesn't feel the Savoir's love, put yourself in a situation where His love may be felt...Another way is through Prayer. I have greatly gained a testimony of Prayer. "For in His strength, I am strong." I know I can't do His work alone. I need Him. I need the Atoenment because I am not perfect. I need my Lord, Jesus Christ, my Savior. I feel His love surround me as I strive to do what's right. I know He loves me because of Prayer. Get down on your knees, pour out your soul. Let Him heal you. Let Him help you.
"By your faith, ye are made whole."
Go and do His work. Serve His people with diligence of mind, of and with your strength that the Lord has given you to help and strengthen the weak!
"Go and do wich the Lord hath commanded."
I am so grateful to know of the things that make me and my family happy. Christ's gospel brings peace unto my soul for I know that the Lord liveth!
Peace be unto you, I say, for God lives, and we will come into His rest.
I pray that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Random Thoughts

  • I auditioned today with an amazing accompianist (reminded me alot of Danny Hansen, miss him and am soo grateful for his letters). Was a little scared.
  • There are flees in Latvia and I'll get scars from them?! what....
  • SYLing every day, every hour, every minute......ok... well sometimes I can't remember words like tree, or pineapple, so I do say English sometimes. Even though I shouldn't be.
  • Saw Elder Jesse Taysom!!! I almost hugged him... haha seeing him made me think of Poky, and camping in the snow, and fainting in the hot pool, oh wait. different story. But said his first lesson was a little rough but then his next lessons were better because he didn't try to memorize the lesson. He's listening and coming to recognize the spirit! We both sing in the Choir. We absolutely love the Choir director. He is awesome! It's going to be so funny to see Ty speaking to Jesse.
  • I got the best letter in the world from my aunt Missy. THE BEST EVER.
  • Pretty soon I'll be getting my travel plans! I wouldn't mind just going tomorrow if I could.
  • Will someone please tell Grandpas to make me Music CD?! Only music that can be played in the temple :)
  • I love you all!!!
  • oh, Elder Neilson came and spoke to us about family search, and angels. And how they really are alive. And will come help us. That I believe. :)


It's Elder Filiaga!

Harrison and Alisa in the MTC
Masa Vudlande

No comments:

Post a Comment